Mosquito™ Assembly/Disassembly Instructions
In addition to its many performance benefits, the Mosquito™ hotend is a modular design that is relatively simple to assemble and disassemble with the included tools. The steps outlined below will guide you through the assembly and disassembly steps for The Mosquito® Hotend, The Mosquito® Hotend - 2.85 mm, and the Mosquito® Magnum Hotend.
- Hex keys (included with hotend purchase)
- 9mm deep hex socket & wrench (not included)
- Locate the 1.27 mm hex key (the smallest one) that was included in the Mosquito™ packaging (see Figure 1). Replacement wrenches can be purchased as set here: Hotend Wrench Set
Figure 1. Hex Keys Included with Mosquito™
- Use the 1.27 mm hex key to remove the M1.4 socket head cap screws in the bottom of the hot block (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Bottom Face of Hot Block
- Once the M1.4 screws are removed, the hot block and heat sink will slide apart with little effort. Collect the stand-off tubes and M1.4 screws to ensure they are not damaged or misplaced. If parts are damaged, replacements can be purchased as kit here: Hot Block Hardware
Figure 3. Heat sink Figure 4. Stand-off tubes and M1.4 screws
- The hot block and heat break can be separated using a 9 mm deep hex socket for the Mosquito® Magnum Hotend and The Mosquito® Hotend. The Mosquito® Hotend - 2.85 mm requires a 9 mm open end wrench as a socket will not fit over the fins on the heat break. Place the socket over the heat break, snug against the copper bushing on the distal end. If disassembling The Mosquito® Hotend - 2.85 mm, seat the bushing of the heat break snugly into the open end wrench. Remove the heat break by applying a counterclockwise torque.
Figure 5. Hot Block and Heat Break
Figure 6. Fully Disassembled Hot Block and Heat Break
Mosquito Hotend Assembly
- Hex keys
- 9mm deep hex socket & wrench
- Boron Nitride Paste
- Red thread locker (such as Red Loctite)