How Do I Apply Plastic Repellent Paint™?
Plastic Repellent Paint™ is super easy to apply. The vial comes with a brush top applicator that is used to paint the nozzle or hot block.
- Open your vial of Plastic Repellent Paint™
- Use the brush top applicator in the lid to brush or "paint" a clean nozzle or hot block on which you would like to prevent plastic adhesion
- NOTE: please apply the Plastic Repellent Paint™ at room temperature. NOT at printing temperatures. Application of the Plastic Repellent Paint™ at elevated temperatures will result in its vaporization, and you will need to reapply it after the surface cools down.
- Let the Plastic Repellent Paint™ dry by letting it set for 60-90 seconds. It will cure when you heat the hotend to printing temperatures.
- Return to business as usual, confident in the knowledge that Plastic Repellent Paint™ has your back, and is fighting off plastic like a ninja.
I've got plastic residue all over my nozzle or hot block. How do I clean it off?
We recommend cleaning the Vanadium™ Nozzles and Mosquito™ or Copperhead™ Hot Blocks by either heating them up on your 3D printer or with a heat gun, then wiping off the plastic residue with a cotton swab. You can also bake off the residue in an oven ...
Help! I've got a clog in my hotend! What do I do now?
All hotends can clog at times, and all-metal hotends can be more prone to clogging with PLA. There are "cleaning filaments" that can help to remove small clogs and debris. The simplest way to clear a clog in the heat break of any all-metal hotend is ...
How to avoid clogging?
All hotends can clog at times, and all-metal hotends can be more prone to clogging with PLA. However, there are a few things to check to ensure that clogging is minimized: Airflow direction: The hotend cooling fan can be positioned on either side of ...
The tiny screws connecting the Mosquito™ Heat Sink to the Mosquito™ Hot Block are loose. What should I do?
Those screws are M1.4x0.3, length 10, and are assembled with red thread locker. The thread locker can lose it's effectiveness if the hotend is disassembled and reassembled. Please remove the screws, wipe off the old thread locker, and apply a new ...
White Papers/Case Studies
White Papers Plastic Repellent Paint™: Outgassing and Utility at Common FFF Printing Temperatures Filament Drying Desiccant: Desiccant Activation Testing White Paper Case Studies Using Mosquito® Magnum+™ in Orthopedics to 4X Production